Monday, February 22, 2010

WELCOME!


This is the first of many entries on my blog. I am very excited to be starting Sarah D. Butcher - Photography! There are many challenges I will be facing in the next few months. By starting the business in Northern VA, I am working the kinks out here, in order to move the business to NorCal this summer. Unfortunately I will be starting all over when I get there … but at least I will know how to approach it all without being overwhelmed.

I have so many ideas and so many avenues I want to explore with this business. My main focus right now is Pets. People love their pets as though they are children (speaking from experience … ) So it’s always nice to be able to work with a pet-parent who is just as excited about their beloved best friend as I am about mine.

Child portraits are an area that is exciting and fun for me. A child is unpredictable and eager about life. These shoots can be anywhere from 30 minute to 2 hours depending on the child’s demeanor and personality on that particular day. Regardless of the length of the shoot, it’s always a joy to be able to interact with a child in their world.

Soon I would like to venture out to Maternity and Newborns. The current challenge with this is I do not have any friends or friends of friends who are expecting … (if you know anyone send them my way!)

Check back periodically for updates on the new adventure of my little business.

CHEERS!
Sarah B

No comments:

Post a Comment